Thursday, September 16, 2010
Enlarge Your Color Palette!
I took all of my markers, gel pens and glitter pens and dumped them into a large shoebox (boot box actually...)! This went totally against the grain with me because I am a bit of a perfectionist, and I had always kept all my markers in one container, all of my gel pens in another, etc...well, I call myself a "mixed media" artist, and I can't even mix my supplies together??? How backward is that!? I can see keeping my paints separated, but separation by pen is just silly, lol!
So now, when I work on a page, I am using a lot more colors, and different shades of color as well since I dumped everything in together. I highly recommend trying this if you are stuck in a color rut. If you do try it, don't give up on it the first day or so. Give yourself a day or so to adjust to the trauma your poor perfectionist side has suffered-I am really starting to enjoy working like this...Let me know if you give it a whirl by leaving me a comment and telling me how it works for you!
- Mixed media artist and teacher
- Workshop Developer
- Published Writer and Poet
- Personal Creativity Coach
- Fine Art Artist w Wholesale Sales in Texas and Colorado
- In private collections worldwide
- Fabric, Clothing, Purses and Accessories Artist
- Etsy Shop- https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/LaurasUniques
- Website- https://laurasuniques.patternbyetsy.com
- Hopeless romantic and dreamer who is.......
- Madly in love with my fiancee, who is a magical, silly, sweet and my very own amazingly talented lead guitar music man
- Mother of 2 two grown sons, 4 grandchildren
- Advocate for Heart Disease Prevention, Prevention of Skin Cancer, Prevention of Domestic Violence and Child Abuse.
- Find me at any of the following web addresses for questions and/or comments ...(I love to connect with my artsy friends!):
Lthykeson@yahoo.com (my email)
email@example.com (2nd email)
Facebook- My group of insomniac artists, please-come join us! - Midnite Artists at https://www.facebook.com/groups/midniteartists/
and last but not least...my personal FB page at Laura's Facebook Page
My Professional FB page https://www.facebook.comLauraThykesonsLiveRoom
I am a guest author and contribute mixed media art related articles for the Mixed Media Art - Inspiration, Tutorials, Techniques and More! website, where you can find fabulous articles and endless sources of inspiration, product reviews and tips/Information contributed and freely shared by supremely talented artists and designers as well as myself.
Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!
Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Create Your Badge Follow Laura's board Cool Art journal pages and spreads on Pinterest.
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!