Monday, October 18, 2010

Good, Good, Good, Good Intentions!

My  blog title today reminded me of the Beach Boys song "Good Vibrations", lol! But here is the deal-I am going to start every Monday, setting my intentions  for the week. I am going to at least SET my intentions, and try to live up to them, but not stress out if something happens and I am not able to. So, my intentions for this week are to strike more of a balance between my creative side and my "non-creative" side. I am aiming to improve and grow in my art and writing by slowing down and focusing more on quality over quantity.

There are many things we do every day that we don't really see as creative-things like cook a meal, clean the house, etc. Cooking a meal definitely takes creativity! You have to know what seasonings to use, put together the recipe, and know how long to cook the dish, all of which takes creative thinking. I bet you hadn't thought of cooking as a creative journey! You probably only figured a chef could be creative in the kitchen, but all of us are creating when we put together a meal. Little things like that are a creative endeavor!



My other intention for this week is to organize some of my art supplies, and make it where they are easier to get to, therefore I will actually follow through with the art I want to create, instead of just settling for whatever medium I can reach at the time I get inspiration. I am a prolific obsessive-compulsive, and when I am hit with an impulse, I have a hard time not just going with it, regardless of the materials I have handy, when sometimes it isn't such a good idea. So, I am going to have to try to tame the OCD a bit! I have a weird phobia about not wasting art supplies, but I actually end up wasting them, by not using the mediums/techniques I really need to create something good.


So, if you set intentions for yourself this week, what are they? I would love to hear them if you want to leave a note in the "COMMENTS" section.


Also, don't forget about my two FREE give aways I am having! I am leaving the contest open until December 15th, so contact your friends and have them sign up for my blog here, and I will enter you and your friend(s) in the drawings for free 6 months of journal prompts, as well as some folkart Extreme Glitter (two separate contests), which is an awesome product! Sugar glitter in a clear base, just paint it on, and it stays where you put it! No more flaking off of glitter and it comes in some really awesome, beautiful colors, even one called "Hologram"! By the way, the more friends you get to sign up, the more times you will be entered in the drawings! That's right, you can enter more than once! Just let me know who your friend(s) are, and I will know to assign them to you so I will know how many times to enter you in the drawings. Plus, if your friends get someone to sign up, the same rules go for them-the more that sign up, the more times everyone is entered!


So, that is all for now, have a great week, and Happy Creating! Be sure to make yourself some intentions, and it will help you to be more focused for the week and more stress-free!

http://www.milliande.com/Art-Journal-January-2010.html

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments and signing up on my blog. I love your idea of writing down your intentions for the week. Great way to stay on track and also to see the accomplishment at the end of the week. My intention this week is to paint the living room, listen to my favorite music and create some pages. Sounds devine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cynthia, for signing up and for your comments! bI am glad you enjoyed today's post. You also have been entered in the two giveaway contests I am having for the Extreme Glitter, as well as free 6 months worth of journal prompts emailed to your account! If you have a friend sign up, you will be ebtered again. The more that sign up, the more you will be entered, so Good Luck! Thank you again, Laura / Taz's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, there's an active Intentions group on CoachCreativeSpace. Just thought I'd let you know! I'd like to be entered in the extreme glitter contest.

    Anne Westlund

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the black cat following you, sasquatch08.

    Anne Westlund

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anne, and glad to see you here!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts