Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekly Intention...


 This week has caught me a little tired from the week before...Having two new grandbabies in 2 days is almost more happiness than I can stand! Finally got to hold them Sunday, and got all the visiting done, so now it is time to settle back in to my routine and see where I want to go this week with my art.


I am coming along great with the free class at Willowing's site-the link is over to the right of my blog if you want to join. This free class is just wonderful for your art journaling! It is also great for an emotional healing of old wounds and scars you had forgotten were simmering under the surface! Head on over there and let Tam help you become better-inside and out!


Here is my first page I did, after learning Tam's way of doing faces:


This is quite a difference from this next face that I did before taking her free course-The improvement is pretty obvious! See what you think...




The shading, and learning the placement of the features helps. Tam uses a mixed media style for shading the facial features that really makes for a great looking skintone. I shaded my lady pretty dramatically, just because I like it that way, but there she teaches the more delicate shading techniques. The most wonderful thing about her is she leaves it open a bit on your end for you to develop your own style!


So, if you would like to learn to do faces in this style, head on over to Tam's by clicking on the link at the right. You could make it your "intention" for the week to take the class!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts