Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Affirmations Page - Art Journal Backgrounds

Hello there! Long time, no Art!! I have been away for a bit, but I am back now and ready for some more fun with my art journal.

Here is a page I just finished, where I did the grid design in watercolor pencils and crayons, and the writing with a black Sharpie pen. I love Sharpies, because you can get both fine and ultra-fine tipped pens, and they will write on anything! You can make your background and use it for all kinds of things other than an affirmation page...It could be a page for listing chores for the children, or hubby, or it could be for weekly menus, shopping lists, guest lists for a party, all kinds of things that could be listed on here. I like the way the grid pattern looks. Just draw your grid, scribble on the inside of each square in the colors you like, and use a wet brush inside of each square to blend. Then dry and use your pen to write your wording on the inside! See! Easy as pie...(except pie isn't very easy to make, especially the crust if you make home-made and don't use store bought...) Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. So good to have you back! I've missed your posts, Laura.

    "Easy as pie" - ya know you're right. Where did that saying ever came from?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thank you Eileen! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever written a manifesto {a public declaration of principles and intentions} ... I have been pondering my own for the last two month. It is coming together via Post-it® Notes — a grid "canvas" would prove to a fabulous choice!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I love grids and use them all the time. But I never thought of using them in a journal! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't used grids very much since I stopped designing needlepoint, but I love how the page turned out, so I might just have to challenge myself to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I really enjoyed making this really easy page!

      Delete
  6. What a clever idea! I love what you did with both the positive words and the grid here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I am definitely trying it out in my art journal- thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you have as much fun as I did making mine!

      Delete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts