Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fresh Strawberries and Journal Pages!

I was in the produce section earlier this month, and I was stopped still in my tracks in front of the most luscious, succulent, huge, firm, ripe, glistening strawberries! I immediately bought 4 lbs of them, came straight home, and began devouring them...Now, 16 POUNDS of strawberries later, I am STILL eating strawberries like I am never going to get another one for the rest of my life! These are absolutely the best strawberries I have ever seen, much less eaten! They are supplied by "Driscoll's Berries" to our local Kroger, and if their other berries are as wonderful as the strawberries are, then these guys know what they are doing, for sure!

I haven't been sitting around JUST EATING berries for the last week, lol....I have also been back at work in my art journal, playing around with the transparent pan watercolors this time. Here are a couple of my journal pages.

These were both done with the transparent watercolors, not the opaque watercolors I have been using so much lately, and I also used permanent ink, metallic ink, collage words and phrases. These were really fun and relaxing to make. Try using your pan watercolors in your journal, for a refreshing and vibrant change from acrylic paints!  Happy Creating!

Laura Thykeson

The Altered Book Nook



1 comment:

  1. I love the transparent look, Laura. I need to get some of those - or maybe I just need to add more water?

    I've been on a raspberry eating kick. It's not just you, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts