Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Well, something exciting has happened to me and I would like to share it with you guys. I have been asked to be an ongoing contributing writer for Mixed Media Art website! I had submitted an article a few months back, and after my 4 recent heart surgeries, I was clearing out my emails and ran across the wonderfully sweet email from Michelle, asking me if I would be interested in a regular gig! So every couple of months or so I will be a part of the Mixed Media Art website with a new article about mixed media and altered art and altered books. I just hope I don't disappoint.... Have a bit of the case of the nerves, to be honest, but I just need to get busy and stop procrastinating. My first article is due March 6th, so I had better get busy!
Enough about me, I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season and have just been happily "arting" your buns off! I have been playing with chalks lately, and have a great set of creamy, metallic chalks that came with applicators that look just like eyeshadow applicators(?), plus you can also use your fingers to smear them around. Adds just a bit of POP to those pages I have been working on like a fiend lately!
Well, it's getting late, and I need my rest, so enough for tonight, but remember-"Happy Creating"!
Click on the images to really see the amount of detail I have been getting into!
- Mixed media artist and teacher
- Workshop Developer
- Published Writer and Poet
- Personal Creativity Coach
- Fine Art Artist w Wholesale Sales in Texas and Colorado
- In private collections worldwide
- Fabric, Clothing, Purses and Accessories Artist
- Etsy Shop- https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/LaurasUniques
- Website- https://laurasuniques.patternbyetsy.com
- Hopeless romantic and dreamer who is.......
- Madly in love with my fiancee, who is a magical, silly, sweet and my very own amazingly talented lead guitar music man
- Mother of 2 two grown sons, 4 grandchildren
- Advocate for Heart Disease Prevention, Prevention of Skin Cancer, Prevention of Domestic Violence and Child Abuse.
- Find me at any of the following web addresses for questions and/or comments ...(I love to connect with my artsy friends!):
Lthykeson@yahoo.com (my email)
email@example.com (2nd email)
Facebook- My group of insomniac artists, please-come join us! - Midnite Artists at https://www.facebook.com/groups/midniteartists/
and last but not least...my personal FB page at Laura's Facebook Page
My Professional FB page https://www.facebook.comLauraThykesonsLiveRoom
I am a guest author and contribute mixed media art related articles for the Mixed Media Art - Inspiration, Tutorials, Techniques and More! website, where you can find fabulous articles and endless sources of inspiration, product reviews and tips/Information contributed and freely shared by supremely talented artists and designers as well as myself.
Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!
Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Create Your Badge Follow Laura's board Cool Art journal pages and spreads on Pinterest.
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!