Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hello Strangers!

I have been gone for so long I have almost forgotten myself...I had a series of heart problems and surgeries, but all is well now and I am feeling much better. Had to change heart doc's to get results, but I have a fantastic doc now....

Well, something exciting has happened to me and I would like to share it with you guys. I have been asked to be an ongoing contributing writer for Mixed Media Art website! I had submitted an article a few months back, and after my 4 recent heart surgeries, I was clearing out my emails and ran across the wonderfully sweet email from Michelle, asking me if I would be interested in a regular gig! So every couple of months or so I will be a part of the Mixed Media Art website with a new article about mixed media and altered art and altered books. I just hope I don't disappoint.... Have a bit of the case of the nerves, to be honest, but I just need to get busy and stop procrastinating. My first article is due March 6th, so I had better get busy!

Enough about me, I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season and have just been happily "arting" your buns off! I have been playing with chalks lately, and have a great set of creamy, metallic chalks that came with applicators that look just like eyeshadow applicators(?), plus you can also use your fingers to smear them around. Adds just a bit of POP to those pages I have been working on like a fiend lately!

Well, it's getting late, and I need my rest, so enough for tonight, but remember-"Happy Creating"!




Click on the images to really see the amount of detail I have been getting into!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Laura! I'm so glad to hear you're doing better. I've missed your blog.

    Congratulations on Mixed media Art!! Can't wait to see what you do. Please let us know when it's posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are on the mend and getting back to what you love. Congratulations on the gig for MMA. Looking forward to your articles. So many of my teachers said to me "get out of your head" and I remember that every time I find myself over thinking or procrastinating. I thus pass this reminder on to you in the hopes that it might help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the great advice-just what I needed to hear!

      Delete
  3. Glad you're doing better and CONGRATS on your new gig! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Cherie-you are all so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts