Saturday, March 31, 2012

ExiStencils and Radiant Rains

I have recently been exchanging postcards with a fellow artist, and so I decided to make her some postcards using my new stencils and the Radiant Rain mists. I really wish you could see these in person, as they are so shimmery and gorgeous. I just love the colors. I used a shimmery paint for most of the stenciling, and then misted with the Radiant Rain. I also added a couple of die cut butterflies to a couple of them. See below for what I made...



I really like how these turned out! As I said, the shimmer in person is just gorgeous! If you don't have any of the Radiant Rain mist, you ought to get a few colors-they really enhance paper projects!

Happy creating!

8 comments:

  1. You are soooo right Laura! The Radiant Rains are really amazing stuff. I love what you've created.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barbara, and thanks for coming by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the top two examples, did you mist right through the stencils? I can see on the bottom ones that you did a more all-over misting...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cyndi,
    I forgot to say that on the top two I did Twinkling H2o's over watercolors and used a brush on them. Thanks for asking your question! It made it much more clear and direct for the technique!! Thanks again

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these, Laura! I'll be looking for the Radiant Rain mists. Thanks for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eileen, the shimmer of these in real life just are amazing...you will love them and they have a great selection of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for explaining how to do these. They are just beautiful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Cherie...I just learned by "trial and error", lol!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts