Thursday, May 3, 2012

Craf-T Chalks Review and More...

I love reviewing new playthings when it comes to art supplies and creating! So, when I came across these lovely colors at such a reasonable price, I couldn't pass them up. As we know, the other chalks I have seen  out there in the scrapbooking aisles and the art supply sections are rather pricey, so at $5.00+ for the set of 9, and around $12.00+ for the set of 24, I thought this was a pretty good deal. Since receiving them, I have applied them with Q-tips, eye shadow applicators, the applicators that came with them, gauze pads and cotton balls...They just work great without costing a fortune. I would definitely buy them again.

Below are a selection of the applicators I have picked up to use to apply these chalks to my artwork:


All of the things you see here look like the "real" applicators, but they all came from a chain drug store, and are cotton swabs, eye shadow applicators, gauze pads, cotton pads, just anything I can find to get the color put down on the paper and blended.  Below is a page before the chalk highlights:
and then finally, the same picture after adding some shading with the chalk:

I like it much better after adding some distressing look from the chalk to the paper. And finally, a picture of the front of the book, making it look nothing like the original book, but looking just right for my  purposes!
Thanks for looking, and Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts