Friday, August 24, 2012

Catching Up....

Hello all!

I have been away from my blog for a bit, just taking a break while I have been working on some more art projects of various types. I made these little houses from toilet paper roles and card stock, a splash of paint and some collage elements I made for the doors...They now sit proudly on my art desk where I can see them when I am working!
I also was in an awesome swap with some other arty friends, and we all made 5 prayer flags (one for each participant) and swapped them with each other. My collection is now hanging proudly on my art room wall, where I can look up and get inspiration any time I need it! This is called my "inspiration wall" and has everything from letters from grandbabies to cards and letters from my arty friends...

 I also need to take the time to send out a huge THANK YOU to all of the special people that have taken the time to send me Get Well cards and artwork!! Arty friends have to be the most giving and compassionate people in the world today...I have received so many beautiful original cards, ATC's letters and artwork that I have just been amazed at the people who have taken the time to make and send me something! I think it is all of this LOVE pouring out from everyone that has helped me get well so quickly! Truly some special people out there and thank you all...

Things are picking up over at Art From Your Heart, my NING site with new videos and classes going on, as well a free drawings for art goodies and things...might as well come on over and check it out and join us! My videos are just like being right here beside me at my art table, and we will have lots of fun together!

http://artfromyourheart.ning.com

And last but not least, here is a banner I made for another challenge at http://PamelaJoyPurses.ning.com, where I am a member of a group of wonderful and artistic women...come check out this site as well for lots of fun challenges and even win prizes!!! The site also hosts a weekly LIVE FREE art class each Wednesday evening, and when you join the website, you will receive a weekly email with the link to the live feed with Lorrie Jonas and Pamela Joy. We have a blast chatting during the class, plus there is always a drawing for a door prize!!! So, come join us for that as well, and see what they are up to next!!!

Happy Creating,

Laura Thykeson
http://artfromyourheart.ning.com





1 comment:

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts