Saturday, December 15, 2012

It Finally Happened!

Oh I am so excited...!!! I finally got my new sewing machine!!! Hubby gave it to me early for Christmas because I was moping around one day, not feeling well at all, and I suppose he took mercy on me and wanted to cheer me up. Boy, did he ever!!! He bought me  a Brother SQ9050 that will both sew and quilt, and that is just perfect for what I was wanting...It literally has hundreds of different stitches that you can change to with the touch of a button, and all of the attachments that came with it, and it embroideries and does free motion stitching, and all kinds of cool stuff! Now I just have to learn how to use it...I finally figured out the automatic needle threader part, and I started playing around on a piece of fabric, and the machine is magical, I'm telling you!!! I am going to use it until the day I die...it's got that many features!. So-In honor of getting my machine, I have a book I would just love to give away for a drawing on my blog here. It is listed on Amazon, and somehow I ended up with two of them....

http://www.amazon.com/One-Piece-Wearables-Garments-Accessories-Single-Pattern/dp/B0058M7F7G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355564953&sr=8-1&keywords=one-piece+wearables

So, check out this link and you could be the lucky winner of this book! It is in brand new condition, and all you have to do is join my blog if you haven't already, and leave me a comment telling me why you would like to have this book! Another way to win is to join my NING site, L Thykeson's Mixed Media Uniques at:
http://lthykesonsmixedmediauniques.ning.com/
and be sure to put in the little questionnare that Laura referred you to the site! Then you are automatically entered! Things are clicking right along on my new site, with videos going up and classes starting after the first if the year, and you still have time to join the Embrace the Day class I am having right now! We have a great time in that live class, lol! Just a bunch of funny women all doing funny things, lol!!! Although we do get serious when it is actual class time and I am recording the class for playback. If you join, you will have access to all of the previous shows I have done and can get caught up!

I have also made some new brooches...here are the newest items along with a new journal page:




Well, that is it for me tonight...it is now 4am and I need to get some sleep I suppose....

Happy creating!
Laura Thykeson
Expressive Art Facilitator
Laura Thykeson's Mixed Media Uniques on NING



5 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    I'm loving the new pins and that journal page is as gorgeous as!
    Please don't include me in the draw for the book - although it is wonderful, I know me and it would just sit on the shelf and I would never get round to doing anything from it, so give it to someone who would use it!
    Catch up with you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Helen, and that is so generous of you...I will leave you out of the drawing for the book, but I sure hope to see you Tuesday! I finally got my voice back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, congrats on the new sewing machine. Your brooches and journal page are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific Christmas present! What I wouldn't do for a machine that threads itself! Have fun exploring all the options.

    I love the heart pins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Cherie and Eileen! I really enjoyed making the brooches and painting the journal cover, now just have to decide which one to put it on! And I am still working on figuring out my new sewing machine Eileen, lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts