Thursday, December 8, 2016

New Beginner/Intermediate Altered Book Class for New Year!

getting fancy on me!

Please click on the link below for a short video..

A small peek at the class business




Hello all! I am not going to go into a huge amount of Detail, heaven knows I could write a large novel about altered books if I ever really got going...The deal is this-

I am wanting to do a class for beginners, newcomers to altered books, and intermediate levels that just need a refresher course in an inexpensive (ridiculously cheap) format!

The class would not start until after the first of the year, most likely around the end of January if not the first part of February. I am going to pre-record all of the lessons just in case I get sick and have to go to the hospital with my heart...But you will be able to work at your own pace...I am going to make a special FB page just for the peeps in this class where we will explore questions and tips and techniques in detail

I think it will be a fun class to take, it is going to include very basic lettering, making and covering your book with your own fabric/paper...unique handmade embellishments, and found poetry of course! Found poetry is one of my favorite things to do! Also, I will most likely give out some of my famous tips and techniques, tried and true things that have worked great for me, and that no one else will tell you! So come join us, I will send out more reminders, AND I sincerely hope you join us and help me make this a special experience for all who have chosen to join!
handpainted and applied cover
handpainted and handcovered cover
my first fabric collage in a book

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts