Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Blog Direction...All Things ART!!!!

Oil Color Brush KitHere are some great books on oil painting, along with some supplies to get the beginner started. I am making it my personal quest to inspire those who have always wanted to paint but keep putting of!

Since I love to paint, and have been for the last 20 or so years, I decided to turn this into a blog about art! So, without further ado, here we go!
Above you will see the relatively simple painting we are going to work on. To get the full instructions, click on the link below that will take you to Hubpages.com and the article. Grab your brushes, paints and easel, because I have written a "beginner's art lesson" for beginning artists on Hubpages.com. The article lists all the supplies you will need, right down to the color of paints you will use. Use a 16 x 20" canvas for this painting, and if you are truly a beginner, use an inexpensive canvas board to paint on. That way, if you mess it up, you won't be out a lot of money. (I always re-use canvases if I start something and then don't like it...) Above you will see the beginning stages of the painting we will be doing. If you are interested in painting along and doing an art lesson, simply go to http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Start-An-Oil-Painting-A-Landscape-Work-In-Progress . Here you will be able to follow along as we work on this painting. If you decide to paint along with me, please take the time to send me photos of your progress! I would love to see how you are doing.

Well, off to the easel I go. Happy Easter and Happy Painting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts