Saturday, March 13, 2010
New Blog Direction...All Things ART!!!!
Since I love to paint, and have been for the last 20 or so years, I decided to turn this into a blog about art! So, without further ado, here we go!
Hubpages.com and the article. Grab your brushes, paints and easel, because I have written a "beginner's art lesson" for beginning artists on Hubpages.com. The article lists all the supplies you will need, right down to the color of paints you will use. Use a 16 x 20" canvas for this painting, and if you are truly a beginner, use an inexpensive canvas board to paint on. That way, if you mess it up, you won't be out a lot of money. (I always re-use canvases if I start something and then don't like it...) Above you will see the beginning stages of the painting we will be doing. If you are interested in painting along and doing an art lesson, simply go to http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Start-An-Oil-Painting-A-Landscape-Work-In-Progress . Here you will be able to follow along as we work on this painting. If you decide to paint along with me, please take the time to send me photos of your progress! I would love to see how you are doing.
Well, off to the easel I go. Happy Easter and Happy Painting!!
- Mixed media artist and teacher
- Workshop Developer
- Published Writer and Poet
- Personal Creativity Coach
- Fine Art Artist w Wholesale Sales in Texas and Colorado
- In private collections worldwide
- Fabric, Clothing, Purses and Accessories Artist
- Etsy Shop- https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/LaurasUniques
- Website- https://laurasuniques.patternbyetsy.com
- Hopeless romantic and dreamer who is.......
- Madly in love with my fiancee, who is a magical, silly, sweet and my very own amazingly talented lead guitar music man
- Mother of 2 two grown sons, 4 grandchildren
- Advocate for Heart Disease Prevention, Prevention of Skin Cancer, Prevention of Domestic Violence and Child Abuse.
- Find me at any of the following web addresses for questions and/or comments ...(I love to connect with my artsy friends!):
Lthykeson@yahoo.com (my email)
firstname.lastname@example.org (2nd email)
Facebook- My group of insomniac artists, please-come join us! - Midnite Artists at https://www.facebook.com/groups/midniteartists/
and last but not least...my personal FB page at Laura's Facebook Page
My Professional FB page https://www.facebook.comLauraThykesonsLiveRoom
I am a guest author and contribute mixed media art related articles for the Mixed Media Art - Inspiration, Tutorials, Techniques and More! website, where you can find fabulous articles and endless sources of inspiration, product reviews and tips/Information contributed and freely shared by supremely talented artists and designers as well as myself.
Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!
Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Create Your Badge Follow Laura's board Cool Art journal pages and spreads on Pinterest.
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!