Friday, May 21, 2010

Altered Art and my Altered Book Project

Well, I am brain-deep in creating an altered book. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's where you take any old book and "alter" it from it's original state into a work of art. Here I am including a page from my book that will  help to explain, and for those who already know or happen to be an artist, you can see a bit of my work. I also recently became a member of the ISABA (International Society of Altered Book Artists), as well as the MMCA(Mixed Media Collage Artists). I am a proud member of both!

Trying to find information and examples on the internet can be a bit challenging though. I wish more artists would post their work on the internet!
http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Latest-Art-Project-Altered-Books-and-Collage

Above is the link where you can read more about this art form. I have spent the good part of this morning looking for other sites that talk about the art form, but have had little success. Perhaps the answeris to start it myself! I would love to hear from others if they would be interested! Please drop me a line in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts