Sunday, May 23, 2010

Latest Altered Art Projects

I am coming along nicely on my altered book! It is turning into a bit of a poetry book, with some of my "off the cuff" poems being put into it. Some are just glued in, others are first glued to cardboard and then glued to the page to give a more 3D look. Looks pretty good!

I am going to eventually get this first one finished, but already have the plans for the next one in the back of my mind. I would like to go with a theme and stay with it this next time. Thios time I am going pretty much with "emotions". It wasn't intentional, it just sort of evolved into that, but I suppose it has ended up being kind of an "art therapy" book for me.

Well, if you have any suggestions for the second altered book, I would be very interested in hearing them. Just leave something for me in the "comments" section.

I am in the process of doing some "60's" inspired artwork to put in the book at the moment. I looked at clipart, and decided I could do about as well on my own! When I get a bit farther down the road I will post some photos.


Above is a small traveling memory or sketch book I made today. i took 7 pages of cardstock, folded them in half and stapled in the fold with a couple of staples. Poof! I had a small but very handy sketchbook for next to nothing!! These are great for the kids for vacations also! Take one along with you the next time you go somewhere, along with some washable markers. Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts