Monday, May 24, 2010

Progress on my Altered Book and Other Art Ideas

Although it's not as elaborate as some of the altered books I have seen on the internet, I am coming along nicely on my altered book. Since this is my first steps into this artistic area, I feel pretty good about the fact that I am still very excited about this form of art. It seems that mixed media is my passion! I have usually calmed down about an art form by now, but it's been 2 months and I am still going strong in my obsession!



I am starting to look at other surfaces to work with, such as canvas board, Crystal Light canisters (would make great makeup brush  or paint brush holders, among other things...)a cardboard container that is made similar to a hatbox but much smaller, and basically anything that will adapt well to paint and/or the "decoupage" , or altered art technique. I think the Crystal Light canisters will be very useful around the house, and it's a great way to recycle them! Who knows, I might even sell one or two, depending on how well they turn out!

I have also started writing some short poetry or prose to add to my book. This is working well with the "emotions" theme I have going with this one. I have a feeling that the majority of my work on these will deal with emotions, sort of like art therapy or a diary type book. I write them in "notepad", and then print them out on either colored or white cardstock. Some of it I mount on cardboard and then glue into the book, to add a 3D aspect.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome, so feel free to leave comments, good or bad and I will explaore any ideas you have for me and post the results here. Until later, here is my email to contact me-lthykeson@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts