Monday, May 24, 2010
Progress on my Altered Book and Other Art Ideas
I am starting to look at other surfaces to work with, such as canvas board, Crystal Light canisters (would make great makeup brush or paint brush holders, among other things...)a cardboard container that is made similar to a hatbox but much smaller, and basically anything that will adapt well to paint and/or the "decoupage" , or altered art technique. I think the Crystal Light canisters will be very useful around the house, and it's a great way to recycle them! Who knows, I might even sell one or two, depending on how well they turn out!
I have also started writing some short poetry or prose to add to my book. This is working well with the "emotions" theme I have going with this one. I have a feeling that the majority of my work on these will deal with emotions, sort of like art therapy or a diary type book. I write them in "notepad", and then print them out on either colored or white cardstock. Some of it I mount on cardboard and then glue into the book, to add a 3D aspect.
Any suggestions or comments are welcome, so feel free to leave comments, good or bad and I will explaore any ideas you have for me and post the results here. Until later, here is my email to contact email@example.com.
- Mixed media artist and teacher
- Workshop Developer
- Published Writer and Poet
- Personal Creativity Coach
- Fine Art Artist w Wholesale Sales in Texas and Colorado
- In private collections worldwide
- Fabric, Clothing, Purses and Accessories Artist
- Etsy Shop- https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/LaurasUniques
- Website- https://laurasuniques.patternbyetsy.com
- Hopeless romantic and dreamer who is.......
- Madly in love with my fiancee, who is a magical, silly, sweet and my very own amazingly talented lead guitar music man
- Mother of 2 two grown sons, 4 grandchildren
- Advocate for Heart Disease Prevention, Prevention of Skin Cancer, Prevention of Domestic Violence and Child Abuse.
- Find me at any of the following web addresses for questions and/or comments ...(I love to connect with my artsy friends!):
Lthykeson@yahoo.com (my email)
firstname.lastname@example.org (2nd email)
Facebook- My group of insomniac artists, please-come join us! - Midnite Artists at https://www.facebook.com/groups/midniteartists/
and last but not least...my personal FB page at Laura's Facebook Page
My Professional FB page https://www.facebook.comLauraThykesonsLiveRoom
I am a guest author and contribute mixed media art related articles for the Mixed Media Art - Inspiration, Tutorials, Techniques and More! website, where you can find fabulous articles and endless sources of inspiration, product reviews and tips/Information contributed and freely shared by supremely talented artists and designers as well as myself.
Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!
Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Create Your Badge Follow Laura's board Cool Art journal pages and spreads on Pinterest.
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!