Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Altered Jewelry Box and Collage Sea Canvas

As usual, I am obsessed with the altered art "bug" this week, and decided to share a couple of ideas and projects with you that I have done recently. I made a collage canvas picture on canvas board, using an old calendar, that my husband really likes. Here is a picture of it above.

I also made an altered jewelry box a few months ago, using shells, glue, beads and jewelry findings and some glitter paints. I also re-painted the metal hardware with gold paint. I didn't like it at first, but it started to grow on me after awhile.


I still can't quite find or create the look I am searching for. I guess it is just going to take time and experimentation with different techniques. I think I may be making it harder than it has to be!

Well, until next time, email me with any suggestions or techniques you wish to share, and I will mention you, along with your ideas on this blog! We can share techniques among us, and educate each other-art is for every heart!

Laura
Ice Originals
Taz's Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts