Saturday, July 31, 2010

Artistic Depression and Creativity

Do you, as an artist, sometimes suffer from periods of depression and non-productivity in your creative life? Well, I do, and it's not fun. I have been doing some research on the subject, and it seems that artists are more prone to these depressions, because of the very fact that they are so creative! There seems to be a link between the two. Anyway, it is also related to being a perfectionist. This explained me perfectly. I will obsess over making a background for atc's, because I don't want to waste paper, markers, paint, etc. Sounds really silly, but I have to force myself to overcome this fear of "wasting" art supplies before I start a project! This is beginning to happen more and more often...Now that I have recognized this neurotic behavior, I am hoping I will be able to deal with it more effectively.

Now, if you have these same types of thoughts or problems with your creativity and starting projects, please contact me with your story! I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts