Friday, July 23, 2010

Mail Art and Postcards Received!

I have been totally addicted to mail art, after discovering it completely by accident, and I have received some postcards from people is some swaps from Postcrossing.com! I had promised to show them on here, so, here are the ones I have received so far. I love getting these! From the top, they are from Linda in the Netherlands, Nicollette in Italy, and Gloria Knight in Hollingworth, Cheshire, UK. I love all of these Postcards and am thrilled to add them to my collection! Here are a just few of the handmade Postcards I have been making to send out to others (see above)!

The postcards of course, can be no larger than 4" x 6". and I believe the correct postage is 29 cents. I just use a "forever stamp" on them, and forget it. I havent sent any out of the US yet, so haven't had to use extra postage, but I am sure that will come soon. I am also still trading ATC's with people and have made some really good ones and received some great ones-thanks to all the great artists out there if any of you read this! You probably think from reading this that a 16 year old girl writes this blog, but I am a 50 year old woman who is young at heart and VERY enthusiastic about her art and writing! I don't think I will ever really "act my age"... I just still feel like a girl at heart-but don't worry, I am not one of those women that dress like it, lol! Not after gaining weight from my prime weight, lol!! I am a little "fluffy" for dressing like a teenager... Anyway, enough for now, and I hope you enjoy seeing the postcards and  reading about the mail art. Remember-if you want YOUR postcard on here, Send a Postcard to Laura Thykeson, 2924 Oak Court, Granbury, Texas  76048. I will put your PC up too-just make a note on your PC about the blog so I will know what it is for! Later!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a postcrosser too! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts