Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I have discovered "inchies" !!

If you haven't tried these little buggers, you need to at least give them a try! Imagine creating a design on a 1" x 1" square piece of paper! I have made 5 so far, just to get used to the dimensions, and am beginning to feel the familiar itch of a new paper addiction! I love all things paper anyway, and I also love tiny things-so this is a recipe for disaster... Imagine laundry stacked to the ceiling and a cabinet full of dirty dishes! I have decided that since I am turning 50 next month, I am going to make up for all the years I spent catering to everyone else, and I am going to spend my time doing what makes me happy-which is anything ART!!

Anyway, I am looking for people to swap inchies with me. I want to ease into this slowly, (no 20 inchies swapped at once) so if anyone out there would like to help me get used to this new medium, I would really apprecite it if you would swap with me. Just send me an email, or leave me a comment, and we can swap out.

I have also really gotten into the swing of things with the mail art (mailart), and have sent out about 6 postcards, etc. They are beginning to arrive at their destinations, and be posted on blogs which is a kick in the pant (that's a good thing, lol) and I get really excited when I find out they have arrived. I am on the lookout for more people to trade mailart with also, so drop me a line to 2924 Oak court, Granbury, Texas  76048 if you would like to be part of the show I am trying to gather together!
Well, this is about it for today, but soon I am going to be writing about some awesome new art supplies I have tried out, as well as some great websites I found and forums and groups I have joined lately. My email box stays full all the time now, and I love it!  Goodbye and God Bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts