Sunday, September 12, 2010
Art Journal Pages and Techniques- Sept. 12, 2010
Since it rained for about 3 days off and on, it gave me time to work in my art journal(s) uninterrupted, which is always a treat! Trying out new mediums (for me...) is a special treat, and I am still learning the value of the internet when trying to become a self-taught watercolour artist. There are just so many helpful articles out there in cyberspace, I decided to try and combine some of those techniques into one spot-here!
The second from the top page is called "Freedom Girl" because of her very independent way of dressing, and the freedom of the bright colors in the background. This whole page is done in Sharpie and Bic felt markers, with a few accents of gel pens. I drew my design in pencil first, then colored in all the sections and did some journaling in the different colors with contrasting markers. I may go back later and add some more shading to the girl's face, or I may leave her as is.
The middle page is the result of a journal prompt from a yahoo group I belong to. We were supposed to pick a letter of the alphabet, then choose the word that started with that letter to best describe our dominant emotion that day. As you can tell, I was a bit worried that day, although the flowers show a bit of a hopefulness for the future!
The bottom picture is done in markers (journaling) and watercolours (the flowers). I use the markers on just about every art journal page I do. I just love the vibrancy of the colors, and they don't dry out really quick. I create at least one journal page a day, sometimes 3-4 a day, so it is nice to have markers that are reasonable and of good quality. I especially like the Sharpies with the "ultra-fine" tips! They are great for detail work and drawing "swirlies"
Well, I hope that you like these newest pages, and hopefully you may have picked up a tip or some inspiration to work on your own pages! Sign up for blog updates, and put your blog address in the comment box, and I will return the favor!
aka Laura Thykeson
- Mixed media artist and teacher
- Workshop Developer
- Published Writer and Poet
- Personal Creativity Coach
- Fine Art Artist w Wholesale Sales in Texas and Colorado
- In private collections worldwide
- Fabric, Clothing, Purses and Accessories Artist
- Etsy Shop- https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/LaurasUniques
- Website- https://laurasuniques.patternbyetsy.com
- Hopeless romantic and dreamer who is.......
- Madly in love with my fiancee, who is a magical, silly, sweet and my very own amazingly talented lead guitar music man
- Mother of 2 two grown sons, 4 grandchildren
- Advocate for Heart Disease Prevention, Prevention of Skin Cancer, Prevention of Domestic Violence and Child Abuse.
- Find me at any of the following web addresses for questions and/or comments ...(I love to connect with my artsy friends!):
Lthykeson@yahoo.com (my email)
firstname.lastname@example.org (2nd email)
Facebook- My group of insomniac artists, please-come join us! - Midnite Artists at https://www.facebook.com/groups/midniteartists/
and last but not least...my personal FB page at Laura's Facebook Page
My Professional FB page https://www.facebook.comLauraThykesonsLiveRoom
I am a guest author and contribute mixed media art related articles for the Mixed Media Art - Inspiration, Tutorials, Techniques and More! website, where you can find fabulous articles and endless sources of inspiration, product reviews and tips/Information contributed and freely shared by supremely talented artists and designers as well as myself.
Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!
Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Create Your Badge Follow Laura's board Cool Art journal pages and spreads on Pinterest.
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!