Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More Mail Art Coming In!!!

Oh boy, the mail art is just coming and coming! I love going to the mail box now-such a delight getting these little rays of sunshine in the mix of bills and junk mail! As always, thanks to all who have sent, and here is a look at some of the goodies I have gotten! Now, from the left top down then next column, etc...PC from Britt, Jeanne in San Francisco, Mim Golub, Angie Cope, G. arttower Schwind, and Marie! Great work and great postcards everyone!

Thanks for sending them in!

I have been busy making some new postcards myself, and getting them ready to send out in mail calls also! Above are a few of the new ones I have made lately, with a couple of pages of my art journal thrown is for you to see also! The majority of these were made with watercolours and/or markers and on a couple, some glitter for good measure. I make these on watercolour paper, because it is heavier duty and sometimes even glue that onto cardstock for added support. If I am going to spend the time making hand painted postcards, I want them to hold up to mailing!

Well, I just wanted to give you an update on the latest with the mail art project, and remember-send me your mail art and I will post it here!

5 comments:

  1. PLEASE!! Tell me more about Mail Art. I've been reading about it recently, and would love to give it a try...

    ...what size? Do you address the card itself, or send it in an envelope?

    Thanks for your attention -- to ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mail art is a great hobby to have, and there is a huge following of people that are "into" mail art! Try Googling IUOMA (International Union of Mail Artists) and you can find a whole community of us "mail art junkies", lol! Mail art is in many, many forms, but my personal fav is postcards. I love to make and send my pc's all over the world, plus the wonderful ones I receive really brighten my day! Why don't you give it a try and send ME something!

    Laura (and Taz)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can send the card either "naked", which is addressed on the back and with a short message, or you can send it in an envelope, and even decorate the "envie" if you want. Anything goes in mail art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the postcard with the deer! did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, one of my "mail art buddies" did it...I do a lot of collage and original artwork on postcards. You ought to check us out on the IUOMA.ning website! Mail art is really kinda fun...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts