Saturday, June 25, 2011

ICAD Challenge Progress...

Hello! Staying cool, I hope....Last time I wrote about the ICAD Challenge (Index Card a Day), from over on Daisy Yellow's blog. Since then, I have been working away altering some 3" x 5" index cards, and I must say they are quite fun and relaxing to make! The size is just perfect, it seems, not too small, not too large. And the lines on them seem to make it less intimidating to just "begin", ya know? (I am using both lined and unlined index cards, but they are all 3" x 5".)
Since the ICAD Challenge is for the months of June, July and August, I also decided I would make a complete set of cards, one for each day. This was going to take a bit of work in the beginning, as I am 21 cards behind. (You don't have to catch up like I am doing, you can just begin by making a card today, and continue on making one a day, 6 days a week, until the end of August, if you want...)
I have made these four so far,and they are so much fun to make! I have used everything from collage to markers while making them, and I am really liking how they are turning out! They may be simple and small, but they kinda pack a big punch, ya know?
I decided that I am going to make these into these into little word art and journal prompt cards, so I can use them in my art journal and maybe even in one or two of my altered books I am making.

Well, 4 down, 21 to go to get caught up..."Can She do it"? "I think I can, I think I can..." Until next time, Happy Creating!



3 comments:

  1. a set of index cards for your prompts...brilliant! love the 'good advice' one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I just LOVE that last one! Looking forward to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts