Sunday, June 26, 2011

ICAD Challenge Update...

If you are doing the ICAD Challenge (Index Card A Day), then you already know that it is very addicting...I am totally hooked! I am going to make a bunch of mine into "word art" journal prompts, and other things like that.  Below are a few more index cards I have decorated:




 I like the bottom one, personally...I was making a sarcastic statement about what we, as women, sometimes have to deal with in life...


I also did another art journal page. I had been looking through all of the art journal "how-to" books I have accumulated, and realized that none of them had the same style of artwork in them as I create. So basically, I have a stack of books that I have very little in common with! I'm not really sure what that means, other than the fact that I rarely do all of the layers and collage elements that so many others do. I think I may need to get one of Teesha or Tracy Moore's books...That might be a little more my style (not that I am anywhere close to being as good as they are)... Anyway, that realization inspired the journal page below:


 PLAY - The Art Of Visual Journals, Issue #4, November 2003.
PLAY - The Art Of Visual Journals, Issue #4, November 2003.

2 comments:

  1. Love these! I want to play in both of these challenges so bad, but I just don't have the time this summer so I visit you to live through your art right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts