Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Altered Book, Getting "in the Zone"...

What does it take for you to get in the zone for working in your journal or altered book? You know-that "just right" relaxed mood where the art and the layers just come to you and flow right through you? Well, I got into that zone the other night and did a cover for a new altered book that I am converting. Here , after lots of paint, sparkles, and bits and pieces is the finished product.

I used a dark green paint, then a gold shimmer paint on the panels in the centers. Then, I coated it with gel medium and sprinkled 3 different colors of Martha Stewart glitter on the gel medium. Then I stuck on the sequins and the x-shaped white pieces, and the sticky letters. Then I sprayed the whole thing with a Krylon clear coat. Once dry, none of the parts or pieces of this book cover are going to go anywhere!

I was definitely "in the zone" when doing this book cover! I have no idea where the title for the book came from, lol! Just out of my imagination, I suppose...About 2 hours passed without me realizing it. Don't you just love it when that happens?!

I also made some new Twinchies:

I really like the colors on these, and may be doing some mire detail to them before I call them "Finished"!
Happy Creating!

2 comments:

  1. O yes!
    Love it when I get in the zone and realize that I've forgotten the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dinner... ; ) LOL!
    Seriously, nothing is more re-energizing for me than to spend a bit of time forgetting about the world around me!
    Love the cover and the twinchies are very cool! Do you have plans for them? I haven't tried this size myself, but I like what you've done.
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO love when that happens, Laura - when time just seems to evaporate. I can't wait for you to share what goes into your Book of Secrets. Oh, I forgot - they're secrets!

    The twinchies are gorgeous. I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts