Thursday, March 22, 2012

New Art Supplies, Workshops and Plans!

I am so excited! I have some new art supplies on their way to me as I write! I get more excited over new art supplies than I do for my own birthday...I am getting some of the Twinkling H2o's, some of the beautiful Luminarte paints, new stencils and stamps and more. I just love getting new art goodies, and I am sure that these new supplies will find their way into some of my workshop plans for "Art From Your Heart"! Check out the website for any upcoming workshops, both FREE and PAID. It's not to late to join the "True Vision" class, which is FREE.

wooden bracelet with hibiscus pattern

wooden bangle by Laura Thykeson


I have been having internet connection problems because of all of the stormy weather lately and I panicked last night when I lost my connection entirely. I was sure relieved this morning when it had magically "fixed" itself, because I have so much to do-I will be posting a new lesson plan on Friday (it may be later in the day or evening) for the "True Vision-Authentic Art Journaling" class that I am giving for FREE at AFYH, and it isn't too late to join if you are interested. This class is perfect for the person who may be new to art journals and we will go through the book by the same name together with new lesson plans posted each Friday.

I have future plans for a couple more workshops coming up as the year progresses! One is for a "Decorative Art" workshop (see one example in the pictures above of the wooden bangle bracelet). We will be painting on wood, metal, and anything else I can come up with, using some original patterns of mine. I did this style of art for years, and it is really fun and you can make so many things around your home beautiful with your own artwork on them.  If you like to upcycle and recycle things, this would be a great workshop for you! I also would like to have a workshop on "Lettering", where we could learn some new ways of adding different styles of text to our journal pages, greeting cards, decorative art projects and more. I have lots of fun things in store for us as the site grows and the year progresses.

I have so many plans, and only so much time, so I better get started! I hope to see you at "AFYH", and hopefully we will meet up at one of the workshops, or in some of the discussion threads. The site is for mixed media artists of all levels, and it is a friendly and welcoming environment for the beginner!  Hope to see you there!

Happy Creating,

Laura Thykeson

6 comments:

  1. Lucky you, all those art supplies. I'm sure you will make very good use of them..... Your blog is just great.I arrived here via Strathmore. I will be following from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Melva, and I am glad to have you! Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comments. Good to see that you joined Art From Your Heart! See you there-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh Laura I love your bracelets...our blog colors and banner are BEEEEeaaaautiful!!! ty for inviting me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pamela! I am so glad you have signed up, and I look forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your colors, and I can relate to this: "I have so many plans, and only so much time." So true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cherie! Glad you came by!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts