Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rebirth and Rejuvenation

Exactly 9 days ago I had double by-pass surgery done on my heart. Pain has become a living , breathing thing, but I am stronger than it is and can beat it. I have done it before, I can do it again.

This time it doesn't seem to be as bad as the first time, and I already feel much better as far as the function of my heart goes. I feel healthier, even though I am still on oxygen because of chf and copd, but those are both temporary and should be rectified within 2-3 weeks. Dragging around an oxygen hose is no fun, and slows me down. I feel like a dog on a long leash...

Learned to not run out of pain meds the first week....
Learned to not overdo one day and pay for it the next-God must be teaching me patience
Learned to plan ahead for bathroom trips....can't move too fast yet...
Learned just how much I love my blessed family and grandbabies-indescribable....
Learned to be grateful for tiny things, not just small things...
Learned just how much pain and fear I can face and make it through with room to spare
Learned how much I really want to LIVE-not just get by day by day...
Learned that people still want to buy my art.....
Learned that nurses are really angels wearing scrubs....
Learned I can give up bad habits easier than I thought....
Learned when to rest so that I don't pay for it later by sleeping and moaning all afternoon....

Learned that this blog and it's readers are important to me....

In the meantime, keep learning, and Happy Creating!

2 comments:

  1. You are remarkable! Keep getting better, and keep making art, and just keep being wonderful YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much my dear friend....I send you love and hugs ((())))!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts