Friday, July 13, 2012

It's My Lucky Day!

It may be Friday the 13th, but I am not spending today worrying about bad luck or accidents happening...instead, during my morning walk, I realized just how lucky I am, and how wonderful my life is, just the way it is! I get to do what I want, when I want to do it, how I want to do it. My life is not centered around success and failure, victory or defeat, but lived each day focused on inner peace, creating and growing, harmony and balance...What a revelation on this "unlucky" day!

I am so fortunate to just have my health back, not to mention having the incredible world of creating opened wide to me each day, brimming with new ideas, techniques and incredibly talented and giving people! I feel as though I have stumbled upon The Holy Grail, the BIG Secret, found the "needle in the haystack, grabbed The Brass Ring...you get the idea, lol!  Many people, including my "younger" self, spend their days trying to achieve the impossible, striving for something "more", that they forget to be grateful and enjoy the endless small possibilities that each new day brings. Where I used to say "I wish", I now say "I'm so grateful...", and no longer do the days pass by that I don't enjoy or discover something new and refreshing to do, write, paint, sew, savor and enjoy...Peace has found me, finally, after a lifetime of looking in all the wrong places, lol!

So, on this famously unlucky day, I choose to spend my time experiencing all the joys that life has for me and savoring just how "lucky" I am! I hope that today brings you as much joy as it has me, and that this new-found Peace finds a place in your heart as well!

Also, don't forget that the 15th is the day of the drawing for the bracelet below:
Some "LUCKY" person will win this cute, original piece of jewelry art, and hopefully it will bring the winner as much joy as it brought to me to create it! Just leave your name and a contact email below, and you will be entered in the drawing. That's all you have to do- no strings, no pressure, no worries! Good Luck!!!!

Happy creating!

Laura

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better, you are a joy to all of us!!! Mmmwwwwah to my new B.F.F.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura- I LOVE your attitude and outlook. YOU are an inspiration to me in sooooooooooooo many ways!!! Keep creating, keep sharing and keep smiling. I am blessed to know you.

    Your bracelet is STUNNING!!!! Someone will be very, very happy to win it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pamela...back at ya, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Alex....you make me blush, lol! Seriously, thank you so much...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts