Sunday, September 23, 2012

New Projects and a New Home!

Hello Everyone!
Here is a little bit of what has been keeping me busy this week....I found a new (for me) way to put my art on a tote without having to paint directly on the fabric of the tote...you can find the basic explanation for my process over at Pamela Joy's site in my "Laura Thykeson's Fun Room"! You can get to Pamlea's site by clicking on this link...

http://pamelajoypurses.ning.com/

And in other BIG NEWS....After much deliberating and thinking..I have decided that maintaining a NING site all by myself is just too much for me, with all of the health problems I have been having, and will continue to face in the future, since I have chronic heart disease. I am in great shape right now, but still have to pace myself, and running a site on my own was just not doing myself or my wonderful members any real good. SO-

I have closed down Art From Your Heart, and joined forces with my dearly beloved friend and fellow artist, Pamela Joy and her partner Lorrie Jonas! Several of my original AFYH members have come with me, and I really encourage you all to check it out! It is a fabulous site, with weekly FREE LIVE mixed media art shows on Wednesday evenings, hosted by the lovely and sweet Lorrie Jonas, as well as many Challenges that are "open ended" (no pressure to perform...go at your own pace!) and when you have completed 10 of the Challenges, Pamela usually rewards you in some fantabulous way! I received a fantastic handmade fabric collage bag from her that I carry EVERYWHERE! I absolutely love it!

They often have drawings and small door prize giveaways, guest hosts on the live show, Contests in some of the different rooms, and there are many dear and precious friends of mine that belong to the active site that are always encouraging and there to lift your creative spirits to new heights!

I plan to continue my classes there in time (the change-over just happened 2 days ago...) as well as having some FREE tutorials, and sharing of my ideas and techniques as time goes by. To sum it all up, we are going to have a blast all together in my new home, and I would LOVE for you all to follow me! Here are some more of the projects I have been working on this week, spurred on by some of the members at

http://pamelajoypurses.ning.com/

Clay and mixed media embellishments with beads and cardstock, etc...
Plus some tags to have on hand for other mixed medias projects coming up...
So, that is what has been going on with me....won't you come join us at:

http://pamelajoypurses.ning.com/

See you there!

Laura Thykeson
Pamela Joy Purses




5 comments:

  1. Love your tote Laura...and your awesome embelishments...it really inspires me to create more items to make all my art pieces MEeeee - :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, your blog looks great!I am now a follower :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad to have you Eva!!! You are one of my favorite "girls"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mу spouse and I stumbled over here coming fгom a dіfferent web рage and thought I may as wеll check
    things out. I like whаt I sеe so now i'm following you. Look forward to exploring your web page yet again.
    My web-site : brokering forex terpercaya

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts