Tuesday, October 2, 2012

New Etsy Listings and More...

Original 9 x 12 Mixed media/collage art by Laura Thykeson
Hello! Hope this finds you feeling fine and doing great in your life and pursuits! Above is one of my original art pieces, named "Wish I had a Blue Dress". It is a mixed media/collage piece, measuring 9" x 12" and ready to be framed. Created on 140lb watercolor paper, using acrylics, watercolors, permanent inks and collage elements,  it has lots of nifty details and has very vibrant and bright colors! Ready to be framed, shipping is FREE in the USA on this item, and You can reach my Etsy Store by clicking on the link below:

L Thykeson Uniques

I am just getting some new listings added, and have an adorable tote bag with original artwork, and a few more items listed so far. I also do custom artwork in traditional, mixed media, decorative art, and more. Just email me at LThykeson@yahoo.com to discuss custom orders details and prices for custom artwork on canvas, leather, vinyl, paper, fabric, metal, wood and more!!

Original art design, mixed media tote bag by Laura Thykeson
Would you like to have a painting of perhaps your family's old homeplace, or maybe your favorite pet's face on a canvas, handbag or tote? If you have a photo, I can work from that and all of my custom artwork is satisfaction guaranteed. In my 30 years of being an artist, I have never (knock on wood, lol) had an unhappy, custom artwork client, and any photos you supply me with will be returned unharmed...or you could just email me good quality images! When preparing to begin a custom piece, I like to spend a bit of time talking with the client, getting to know their likes and dislikes, overall color preferences and base for their art, as well as getting a bit of the story behind the art they are wanting me to create for them. It makes it a much more personal experience in which I can create that "Perfect Piece" to satisfy you!! Custom art pieces that I do for others are usually "special memories" and events from my client's lives, and I treat the whole process with reverence and respect for both the client and the artwork produced! One thing though-I rarely do portraits of people. If you are wanting a portrait, it will take me longer to create the piece, because I do those in oil paints, and not only does it take quite a bit of time to paint the piece, it then has to have enough time to dry before shipping.

"Even in her dreams, she continued to reach for the stars"



So, come and check out my Etsy Shop, L Thykeson's Uniques, plus you are invited to join myself and many other wonderful and talented members at Pamela Joy Purses Ning Community, where you can have access to workshops, LIVE weekly shows by Lorrie Jonas, Kitty Marziale and myself among other guests such as Pamela Joy herself!! We also have Challenges, prizes, Drawings for small giveaways, tutorials and a LOT of fun and fellowship! There is always something great going on at Laura Thykeson's Fun Room on Pamela Joy Purses, which is my own little section of the Pamela Joy Purses website!

Enjoy the rest of your week, and Happy Creating!!

Laura Thykeson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts