Wednesday, April 3, 2013

And the Winner Is.....

I just did the drawing for the two freebie gifties that I am giving away, and KAREN has won BOTH items! She will be receiving both the QuicKutz Die and the Bali Bags pattern! Karen, I have sent you an email asking for your mailing address, so if you don't get my email, but read this blog posting, please send your mailing address to LThykeson@yahoo.com!!

In other news, I have been working lately on my "Teeny Tiny Books" and have gotten several of them finished! I love making these tiny books that range anywhere in size from 1" x 1" up to roughly 3" x 2"! They each have several pages, and it is such fun working on each page, although it is painstaking detail work...I make both little tiny accordian books, as well as regular books with several pages, and by the time they are finished, they are usually pretty chunky and have to be held closed with rubber bands!
Above is a small sample of the ones I have made in the past. They are great for trading and swaps, and also as little gifties for friends! You ought to give them a try sometimes-lots of fun here!!

I also have made a small 9" x 5" book from cardstock, lace, odds and ends of small objects and some collage pictures from AlteredPages.com...Below is the cover and a couple of pages of the book...I wrote a Victorian love story and illustrated it with the collage pictures and the other things I listed above...


I haven't finished it yet, I have about three more pages to go, but you get the idea...Why don't you try your hand at making your own little story book?!

Happy creating,

Laura


4 comments:

  1. Your amazing energy with all you've been through is so inspiring....love the art work and congratulations Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to
    mention that I have truly loved browsing your weblog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing for your rss feed and I hope you write once more soon!

    Here is my weblog diets that work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Wanted to let you know that I received my package today! Just have to say neat-o! (cuz sometimes "NEAT" isn't enough!)

    Your generosity made me think of one of my favorite quotes

    “Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. It would be wonderful if they came to us unsummoned, but particularly in lives as busy as the ones most of us lead now, that won’t happen. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live.” ― Anna Quindlen

    Thanks for sharing the joy!, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that you like your goodies Karen! Enjoy them and thank you for the wonderful comments! You are so sweet!

      Delete

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts