Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mixed Media Angel Fairy....

Today I made a mixed media angel/fairy, using wallpaper scraps, tissue paper, chipboard wings, paint, chalk, and embellishments of different kinds. I am going to post the pictures of my process so you can see her as she is developed.






The last picture is a little bright with a reflection, but you can see the final outcome. I used a regular canvas board for the substrate and the wallpaper scraps made a nice dress for her....Of course I had to add flowers and hearts, like always, and some Extreme Glitter on the wings and the butterflies made them stand out a bit more...The wings are from Want 2 Scrap, and they come in 3 sizes I believe, with these being the largest. I painted these an aqua color and added a touch of Extreme Glitter in Turquoise.

 The canvas board measures 9 x 12". The three large flowers are by Prima Flowers (I LOVE their selection of flowers and embellies!!) The fabric flowers are attached with one of my "secret glue" mixtures, but you could use Mod Podge or whatever fabric adhesive you prefer. The tiny butterflies are made by Prima Flowers as well, and the halo on her head is done with a Viva Pearl Pen in Gold.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at this, and maybe it will inspire you to make something great!

Happy Creating,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts