Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Where has the time gone!??? Update on Life, Faith Journal, etc..

I had no idea it had been so long since I have written a blog post! Since August!!! Crazy how time just gets away from you...so many things have changed in my life since the last post-my life is almost completely different now, and that is NOT a bad thing at all!! As a matter of fact, I would say I am just about the happiest and most peaceful I that can think of ever being...I will give you a brief update without all of the drama that was woven throughout all of the changes...

First of all, I now live totally alone...no kids, no pets, no spouse...just me and my art supplies, lol! For the first time EVER, I am totally on my own and I am loving every minute of it. I left home at 17, and never moved back, but the whole time I have been married, married with kids, a single mom, etc...this time it is just ME.  A "no drama" divorce is in the works in case you are wondering, and I think it has to be the most peaceful marital split in history! We agreed to disagree, and then agreed on everything else, no messy legal wrangling, and we both are walking away with no hard feelings and so far still friends...amazing..

I have moved into the most adorable, large and roomy, 2 bedroom, 2 full bath apartment, with a fireplace and great big closets, and I don't have to share with anyone...I have become a spoiled child just since the move and I settled in here much faster than I ever thought I would. There is a pool, a fitness room and a computer room/library available for the tenants here. It is generally quiet, no problem neighbors or crazy weekend brawls, just people like me living from day to day, doing their own thing. I absolutely love it here. My son found this place for me, and then engineered my move up THREE flights of stairs, lol! He is outstanding, both my sons are and both pitched in to get me relocated. I have moved to a new town, one about 30 miles from where I used to live, a town I know well, and funny, have always liked the idea of living here. And now I do. So funny how life works out within only 10 days. That's all it took-TEN DAYS, and my life changed completely. I am now closer to my kids and grandkids, but not too close to be a pain, lol.

But, that is enough about me. Suffice it to say, I spend nearly every waking moment creating or writing or thinking about one or the other. I keep my own crazy schedule (up a lot at night) and have begun to eat more healthy, even cut out red meat from my diet for the most part which is a major deal for a "steak eating Texan"! My health is better because the stress level dropped. No constant hospital visits, at least not lately. So, that is where I have been, and what I have been experiencing in life. Miraculous, unbelievable at times, but true and secure and happy and it is just what I needed. Thanks to all responsible-you know who you are.


Now! On to the fun stuff! I have a few new pages from my Faith and Scripture journal that I want to share with you. They are all mixed media, some with some collage, many using inks and acrylics together, still others playing with PanPastels, which have become my newest obsession...if you ever buy a small set of them, you will be hooked and start collecting them like I practically have! They are just fabulous and much more versatile than I thought they would be. So-there is my product review for the day, and now, I will post a few pages from my journal. It is almost full, and I have already decided I am going to start another one and keep one going at all times as a "background project" while working on other things...










I hope you have enjoyed looking at these new pages from my Faith journal! Enjoy your day and Happy Creating!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts