Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Friendship Books or FB's
2924 Oak Court
Granbury, Texas 76048
This one is one I made with a front decorative panel made from watercolor paper and paint, of daisies.
I made this book 4 x 6", out of bright orange cardstock and glued the painted panel on, then put a weight on it to make it dry flat. I also stapled about 5 or 6 pages inside for people to put their info. I also put my address label, email addy and blog address, so they could be sure to contact me somehow. Some people would be funny about putting so much info out there in the world, but You can find ANYONE these days if you really want to, anyway, so what is the difference? Anyway, I don't like to dwell on bad things anyway...
If you decide to make up some of these little books, you can also find people to mail them to by doing searches on Google, etc., for people that want to be in on the "fb" swapping that goes on! There is a whole group of people who do this, and the "fb's" can get really decorated beautifully! Then they are called "deco's"! So, make some out of old mail, recycled file folders, recycle some food boxed, etc! You can do all kinds of things with the paper items that you throw in the trash every day, and keep them out of the landfills! Enjoy this idea and let me know your ideas in the "comments section".
Soon, I hope to be able to do a review of the Strathmore Visual Journal with the watercolor paper! If I can get my hands on one, I will be sure to let you know, and give it an honest review so you will know whether to try it for journaling, etc. or not. Stay tuned for that one!
- Mixed media artist and teacher
- Workshop Developer
- Published Writer and Poet
- Personal Creativity Coach
- Fine Art Artist w Wholesale Sales in Texas and Colorado
- In private collections worldwide
- Fabric, Clothing, Purses and Accessories Artist
- Etsy Shop- https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/LaurasUniques
- Website- https://laurasuniques.patternbyetsy.com
- Hopeless romantic and dreamer who is.......
- Madly in love with my fiancee, who is a magical, silly, sweet and my very own amazingly talented lead guitar music man
- Mother of 2 two grown sons, 4 grandchildren
- Advocate for Heart Disease Prevention, Prevention of Skin Cancer, Prevention of Domestic Violence and Child Abuse.
- Find me at any of the following web addresses for questions and/or comments ...(I love to connect with my artsy friends!):
Lthykeson@yahoo.com (my email)
email@example.com (2nd email)
Facebook- My group of insomniac artists, please-come join us! - Midnite Artists at https://www.facebook.com/groups/midniteartists/
and last but not least...my personal FB page at Laura's Facebook Page
My Professional FB page https://www.facebook.comLauraThykesonsLiveRoom
I am a guest author and contribute mixed media art related articles for the Mixed Media Art - Inspiration, Tutorials, Techniques and More! website, where you can find fabulous articles and endless sources of inspiration, product reviews and tips/Information contributed and freely shared by supremely talented artists and designers as well as myself.
Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!
Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Create Your Badge Follow Laura's board Cool Art journal pages and spreads on Pinterest.
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!