Monday, November 29, 2010

New Mail Art Postcards

I have made some new postcards, and thought I would post them for you to see... They are very simple, but fun to make, and about half-way addicting! I just love the simple yet colorful look of them...



The top two are as follows, "Blue Daisies", the next is "English Garden", and the last is "Trumpet Vines"...I made these postcards with my watercolor  (watercolour) pencils, and my water brush.

I also made a small abstract in my 5" x 8" visual; journal by Strathmore, and it is below:


Look at the journal page above...It is fair, isn't it? It could pass left just like it is...but...what if you added some pastels to the background and smeared them around and then some watercolor crayon accents? Then you might have a page that looks like this---



Quite a difference huh??? Just goes to show you how a background can make or break an art journal page...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say what's on your mind!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!

Versatile Blogger Award Winner!
So Proud of This Award!!

Check out your Jewelry Hallmarks Here!!

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks


Mixed Media Art | Techniques, Reviews, Inspiration
Visit Mixed Media Workshops
Please leave your own blog address (and of course
your comments!) in the Comments section below
so that I can follow you as well!


Save
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.flickr.com
Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset Laura Thykeson's Altered Book Pages and Spreads photoset

Visit Mixed Media Workshops

Total Pageviews

Laura Shelton's Unique Art Posts